Leadership Development Scholars Program
2018-2019 Leadership Development Scholars Program (LDSP)
The goal of the Leadership Development Scholars Program is to provide current graduate students with authentic experiences that will help build their leadership skills. The main focus of this opportunity is to have students develop a specific project that will contribute to the professional development of their peers.
Selected LDSP Scholars for 2018-2019 are:
- Ashley Mattheis (Communications) – Research beyond the Book: Funding and Doing Sponsored Research in the Humanities
- Laetitia Meyrueix (Nutrition) – GradMinds: Inter & Intra-Professional Development and Collaboration
- Amanda Tapia (Biostatistics) – Making Data Meaningful: Effectively Communicating Statistics in a Data-Driven World
- Michael Touloupas (Dentistry) – Bridging the Gap Between Dental Education and Practice Leadership
- Implement the proposed project and evaluate outcomes during the Fall 2018 and Spring 2019 semesters.
- Participate in a leadership workshops
- Engage in on-going communications with other scholars and program director
- Document reflections about their own leadership skills
- Highlight this experience as developing transferable skills in job search